Over the years, vinyl flooring has emerged as the most popular option for all rooms. It offers a good compromise between quality and cost. The best vinyl floors on the market bring a realistic look of natural hardwood or stone in your home without incurring the high cost. If you are planning to install this type of floor, there are many reasons to go for sheet vinyl flooring as opposed to vinyl tiles. This is a cheaper alternative to wood floors while still giving you similar benefits. It is hard for visitors to tell the difference between natural wood and your sheet vinyl floor. If you have been looking for an affordable way to give your home a makeover, it is time to consider this innovative floor.
As a homeowner, you have to appreciate the importance of choosing the right type of floor for your house. A good floor material not only enhances the aesthetic appeal of your living space but also protects the underlying concrete. Such materials should also be safe to use in a closed environment meaning they pose no danger of emissions. When choosing a floor type you have to consider how easy it is to maintain. A good flooring system should be easy to care for.
Benefits of Vinyl Sheet Floors
Looking at these features of the best flooring, it goes without saying that vinyl flooring fits the bill. These floors are cheap and yet they bring in a dash of elegance which every home needs. There are many types of vinyl systems but if you want to enjoy all the benefits that come with this floor, you should consider sheet vinyl flooring. This is the best alternative to natural stone, hardwood, or ceramic tile.
A vinyl sheet is wider than a tile and comes with a 12-foot-wide roll which can then be cut to size depending on your floor size. Vinyl sheets are more applicable for your floors due to the following reasons:
1. Affordability: Sheet vinyl is cheaper than planks or tiles because they are produced in large rolls. Your floor installation company will just need to measure the space being covered and cut a roll that perfectly fits.
2. Easy installation: Unlike vinyl tiles, you will find sheet vinyl easier to install. Whether you decide to use a professional or install the floor on your own, you will still find this process easy to complete.
3. Water resistance: The fact that very few sheets will be used on the floor reduces the chances of moisture seeping through seams. Tiled floors are prone to water seepage which eventually leads to flood damage.
4. Easier styling: It is easier to get a uniform look within the entire room when you are using vinyl sheets as opposed to tiles. More importantly, you will find vinyl sheets in the market with exciting prints as manufacturers find it easier to imprint images on these compared to tiles.
5. Excellent comfort: Vinyl floors feel soft underneath and when you install tiles, there is a little interruption of the floor through seams. This makes your floor even more comfortable.
6. Stain resistance: Sheet vinyl comes covered with a protective barrier that keeps moisture away.
7. Ease of maintenance: Cleaning your floor is easy and you will never have to worry about water seeping to the underlying floor area.
Of course, there are many other advantages of choosing sheet vinyl over other options in the market. The bottom-line is that it is an easy to install floor system which saves you lots of time and money. If you wish to carry out a DIY project, you can easily complete the project without any specialized skills. For smaller rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens, proper installation of sheet vinyl will leave the floors without any seams. This adds to the aesthetic appeal of your house.
Shopping For Sheet Vinyl
There are many brands selling sheet vinyl and you need to be very careful when shopping. Start by assessing your needs to determine what you need. Measure the size of the floor to be covered to ensure you buy enough rolls. It is also important to ask for referrals and read testimonials to determine which brands are offering quality floor products.
If you have never bought a floor system, talk to a professional installation expert. These experts will help you identify the best sheet vinyl flooring brand in the market and also the size of materials you need. Once your floor is fully installed, you will love the immediate impact it will have on the rest of the decor.