Every homeowner desires a floor that is elegant and one that provides quality service for the longest time possible. Mohawk Solidtech is one of the modern flooring materials that deliver to your expectations. It uses the latest technology to make your floor waterproof and also resilient enough to withstand pets and children. It is also stain resistant and will give you the least headache during maintenance. The planks are affordable and will give your floor a classic wooden feel. This allows you to live in luxury without bearing the heavy cost.
Offers a new generation of flooring planks
Mohawk offers a new generation of flooring planks that combine a strong visual effect and the strength of hardwood. It comes as a combination of style, durability, and ease of maintenance. This is a new class of hard surface floors that are versatile for multipurpose use.
Ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, & areas contact with liquids
The look is real wood that will surely impress any homeowner or people coming into contact with the floor. The solid tech technology allows production of longer planks that give your room a unique depth that is only achievable using wood. You will get the added advantages of freedom from stain and also anti-scratch properties. This makes the flooring material ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, and areas which come into contact with liquids.
The material used in manufacturing Mohawk Solidtech planks is 100% vinyl. The materials are not recycled which gives them 100% performance record. The materials are also impressively high in density and come with a uniclic multi-fit system that simplifies installation.
Dimension of Planks
The planks come in 6” by 48” dimension, and the planks will fit within your space. With reduced seams on your floor, it will be easier to keep the floor waterproof. The thickness is 5.5 mm, giving your floor a solid feel. It also reduces the need for an elaborate floor preparation before installation since the planks will hold firmly.
Mohawk solidtech planks come with 0.3mm wear allowance. The planks are also light in weight, though this does not compromise on their quality. The technology used in the manufacturing of the planks guarantees 100% waterproof and also protects the surface from damage by pet claws. This gives you an ideal flooring material for a home with children or where pets are inevitable. This is your flooring material of choice for such areas as mudrooms, kitchens, basements, entryways, bedrooms, bathrooms, and hallways, among other sensitive and high traffic areas.
Maintenance of Mohawk Solidtech
This is one of the easiest floors to keep clean and maintain. It does not require any extraordinary measures to keep clean. Some of the maintenance steps you can take include:
- Vacuum the floor daily or weekly depending on its intensity of use. This ensures that dirt, dust, and grit are removed before they are rolled on the surface and cause damage. If the area is not used frequently, you should consider sweeping it to keep it free of grit.
- Protect the area under chairs and tables using felt pads. When immense pressure is exerted on the surface, the possibility of damage increases. Once the planks are damaged, they are impossible to repair. They can only be replaced. This will affect the quality and appearance of your floor. These pads absorb the pressure, preserving the integrity of your floor.
- Use doormats at all entrance points. The mats capture grit before it spreads on the surface and is trampled upon by people. Rocks, moisture, and other debris will also be sieved at the entrance.
- Avoid mats with rubber backing- while they are recommended for some floors, they leave marks on the mohawk solidtech floor or mohawk smartstrand. These stains hold on to the surface over time and are difficult to remove. The process of removal may end up destroying your floor.
- Use a damp cloth instead of a wet mop- while the floor is waterproof, it is not recommended that you use a wet mop on the surface. This damages the surface, leaving it rough. It also affects the adhesive holding the planks together. Continued use will compromise the integrity of your floor.
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately after they occur. Even the mildest stain can damage the planks during removal. When the stains are removed promptly, they will not stick to the surface, making it easier to clean and preserve its integrity.
Mohawk solidtech planks will come with maintenance instructions. These instructions must be followed at all time to keep the floor in top shape. This will also protect your floor from easy damage that necessitates replacement. Use the right cleaning and maintenance substances and equipment, though they are not any different from what you use on other vinyl floors.
Installation of Mohawk solidtech
Professional installation of Mohawk solidtech floor is the first step towards a durable and elegant looking floor. Prepare the base as instructed to ensure that the floor maintains its integrity in the long run. Wall molding or transition strips should be used on the edges to provide protection. With proper installation, you have a floor that can withstand heavy traffic and the demands of pets as well as children without losing its integrity.