Hardwood remains one of the most popular flooring options for residential as well as commercial clients. It has been used on numerous surfaces with exemplary results. Luckily, there are numerous hardwood flooring options in the market to meet the needs of different clients and situations. Armstrong hardwood is an example of why you should choose hardwood flooring. But why do many people prefer hardwoods for their floors?
- Elegant– wood remains the flooring material of choice whenever you want the classical royal feeling on your floor. This provides the perfect floor for executive homes and rooms in hotels. You will never go wrong whenever you choose hardwood for your floor.
- Variety– naturally, different flooring surfaces require unique colors, designs, and textures. Wood is versatile enough to provide all the colors, textures, and designs you want for your floor. There are light colored hardwoods as well as the traditional dark color. Technology has also made it easy to manipulate the hue of hardwood planks to achieve the desired shade.
- Value- hardwood delivers the best value for the money. Your floor appears elegant and is also comfortable to walk on. Hardwood can be installed on any floor without worrying about damage from moisture or traffic. You are therefore guaranteed excellent value regardless of the type of hardwood you choose.
- Ease in installation and maintenance- the wooden planks are milled of uniform dimensions to allow easy installation. They are stable during fitting and therefore do not require advanced expertise to install. It does not require advanced preparation of the floor and can be installed on any floor regardless of the activities taking place there. Maintenance requires ordinary cleaning without the use of special tools or procedures.
- Ageless quality- hardwood is not easily damaged by traffic. The planks are also durable and can be renewed from time to time to maintain their elegant look. This is an assurance that you are making a long term investment.
There are other individual reasons why home owners choose hardwood. One must not forget indoor air quality and acoustics. It is worth noting that all these properties are not shared by all types of hardwood. Some hardwood varieties display better performance in some areas and not others. These differences also herald diversity in pricing. Here are popular hardwood options available in the market.
This remains the most common and popular hardwood flooring material in the market today. Oak is easy to find in most places which makes it more affordable. Sanding oak is also easy and it comes in different shades that provide variety to home owners. Because of the traditional appearance, oak blends well and naturally with other décor in the house. Its availability in the market and expense makes oak easy to maintain and repair. It is therefore a cost effective way of getting a quality floor.
Installation of an oak floor is a very practical process. This is because of ease in availability. Oak has very strong and classical grains. Flooring experts content that the grains will enable you to hide dents and scratches on your floor. Oak is extraordinarily easy to change color as you refurnish your floor. Furthermore, you can re-stain and re-finish the floor several times over. Oak also comes in white and red shades, giving you the variety you need. This is why it is a common option for homes and offices.
Maple is a popular hardwood option that is also commonly available. Maple hardwood is harder compared to oak and also lighter. It presents smoother grains and its appearance is a bit more modern. This gives you an impression of a hardwood from Northern Europe. Though maple is popular, it is challenging to stain. Its rate of absorption of the stain is not as impressive as you would expect. This almost leaves you with no option but to use it in its natural state.
Maple gives you a yellow and darker appearance. It performs better when you use water based finishing compared to oil. Oil causes the wood to turn yellow, which may not please many customers. Maple is usually more expensive than oak. However, the price is determined by the grade. Lower grades present greater color variations and come with more knots.
Hickory ranks among the hardest hardwood species in America. This makes hickory the best option when installing floors for busy households or where there are pets. It will resist damage while giving you an impressive floor. Its graining is as impressive as that of oak. This makes it a perfect option when you need to hide scratches and dents.
Hickory is preferred because of its incredible color variations. It is possible to get different variations without struggle. You can obtain the traditional wooden feel, natural as well as rustic appearance. The impressive performance of hickory in dynamic situations makes it among the most expensive hardwoods in the market today.
Mahogany is for a floor owner looking for beauty and color. It delivers the natural timeless appearance and is highly durable. Mahogany will give you numerous chances to refurnish your floor. It is resistant to water and absorbs sound impressively. It ranks among the most expensive hardwood flooring materials in the market.
Armstrong hardwood provides numerous other options aimed at meeting the flooring needs of different clients. They include heart pine, Douglas Fir, American Walnut, and American Cherry, among others. Consult an expert in hardwood flooring to establish the best hardwood for your floor.