Hand-scraped hardwood flooring solutions look classy, authentic, subtle and standard. They are easy to clean and natural too. What else does one need?
There was a time when carpets used to adorn all kinds of homes. People used to cover their floors by using either wall to wall carpeting, or vinyl, plastic and ceramic tiles. The same good old days are back now with the comeback of wooden floors. If you are also thinking to join this movement, why not try hand-scraped hardwood flooring?
What is Hardwood Flooring?
This is a type of wooden floor that is created by professional craftsmen who carve and design wood in such a way that it looks aged and distressed. They will either gauge or scrape the wooden material with wire or brush, thus transforming brand new wood to give off an old, antique look.
These hand-scraped wood floors can also be created by using different colours, preferably stain colours, so that a complete old-fashioned look comes to the fore. Some professionals use sand for creating uneven patterns on hardwood. The level of skill is such that these craftsmen can transform wood into centuries old stuff as well. But for that, you need to pick the right people also.
Why go for hardwood flooring?
Hardwood flooring is natural. Usually, they are more than helpful in giving any commercial or living space a classy look. Another reason to use wooden floors is that wood is highly energy efficient. In fact, wood helps to distribute heat throughout any room evenly, and thus helps in avoiding the installation of any unnecessary ducts, vents, and registers. Here, the catch is to use high quality wood only, else the hardwood floors may fail to give off the desired appeal.
Also, wooden flooring does not cause any kind of allergies. So, if you have a toddler who crawls around the house, or an animal that has fur and dander to shed, wooden floors will be the perfect answer.
Advantages of hand scraped hard wooden flooring
Since the wood is tampered to create an aged look, you do not need to panic every time your baby throws around the toys or scratches the floor with them, as such actions will only add to the grandeur of the floor.
There is always an option to alter the design of the floor according to your custom needs. For example, if one desires to make the wood look centuries old, all he needs to do is add more and more marks on the travel paths.
Of course, maintaining hand scraped hardwood is not as easy as you thought, but is much less stressful when compared to carpets. These floors should be vacuumed at least once a week. This helps in cleaning off the dust and dirt to perfection. If you feel that some areas are comparatively dirtier, you need to vacuum them a little more that the rest of the floored areas.
Also, if there is any spill, be it food, beverage or any other thing, wipe it off immediately. Use an absorbent towel and then rinse the area before the marks settle in. Wipe till the spill is entirely removed. Wet spills may damage the wood so be careful with these. Also, the floors must be cleaned on a regular basis. Use water, liquid dish soap and distilled white vinegar to clean the hand-scraped hardwood floors. Wipe using smooth but firm strokes.
Some other things to know
- Your wooden floor is organic. It can breathe, expand, as well as move. So it is not recommended but paramount that the best quality wood is used.
- There is a myth that wooden floors cannot be installed over concrete floors. High-quality hand scraped wooden floor busts this myth. Just use the best quality wood, keep the concrete dry, and use a vapour barrier between the wood and concrete; and you are all set to go.
- Wide planks of wood flooring are made from old trees. The planks are manufactured from the central portion of the trunk. Then, these planks are kept under controlled climate so that the moisture is removed. This process can last up to 12 months. Thereafter, kiln drying is done, and craftsman check if the hand scraped hard wood flooring has turned out to be perfect or not.
- If you are a nature lover and can’t see so many trees being cut down, you always have the option to go for already existing antique wooden pieces of flooring.
- Hand scraped wooden floors don’t need to be replaced for decades. However, you must choose the best quality wood only.
- If your kids or pets end up making scratch marks, and you are very adamant not to see them, just calm down. You can repair such marks yourself. Just use the same colour stain marker or repair kit, which is easily available with your local flooring distributors.
Where to buy?
There are many online stores where one can get discount hand scraped hardwood floors. You can also check in your locality. The main goal is to find genuine and highly skilled craftsmen for doing the task well. These artisans should be able to tell the best quality wood from the average quality ones. They should be highly skilled so that they can make just the perfect design for their customers.
Hand-scraped hardwood flooring is the best option for you if you love original and natural products. Give it a shot because you will not be disappointed. In the case of any doubts, ask your local shop owner or the one you have decided to freeze your purchases from. Lastly, hardwood wood flooring has been around for quite some time. Just find the skilled professionals and get it installed. Then, sit back and relax as the hardwood will last for many decades if maintained carefully and diligently. Keep your floors clean and they will give off the classiest look possible.
Read More Information Follow Here:- The Eternal Glamour of Hand-scraped Hardwood is Here!