Wooden flooring has been around for hundreds of years. It was considered the most beautiful floor type in many classical civilizations and today, you can still add that quaint elegance to your home using this flooring. The problem with hardwood floors, however, is the fact that they are expensive and unsustainable. This is why you need to consider the best alternative in the form of WPC flooring. This is the latest variation in luxury vinyl tiles which imitates the classic look of wood.
Wood Plastic Core (WPC) vinyl comes with a special waterproof core which distinguishes it from other vinyl products in the market. If you are looking for a long lasting flooring system, this new floor offers this and much more. You will get a blend of high performance, aesthetics, safety, enhanced floor protection, easy installation and so much more. Little wonder then that this is now being touted as the future of floors.
One area that most homeowners overlook in home improvement despite its prominence is the floor. A close look at most homes and offices shows glaring neglect of the flooring as more focus goes to the wall decor and fittings. The prominent nature of your home’s floors makes them crucial not only for your home’s decor but also in improving the comfort of your living space.
WPC Floors in Details
A high-quality floor is safe for use by everyone in the family and this is exactly what you get with the popular WPC flooring. This is more than just a luxury vinyl tile as its construction is more specialized to give it longer life and boost performance. The addition of a special waterproof core is one reason this has become a trending floor option today. If you have been struggling with floor maintenance in your home, a WPC floor offers a timely solution.
The secret in the performance of this floor system lies in its unique construction. The WPC waterproof flooring structure consists of 4 layers all made from high-quality materials. These are:
1. Backing layer: This is the part that acts as the backbone of the entire tile.
2. WPC waterproof core: This is an ingenious addition to the ordinary luxury vinyl tile and it has revolutionized flooring today. It is the part that prevents water entry through the floor.
3. Printed vinyl layer: This is where these floors get their luxury tag from. It is the gorgeous printed part of the floor system that gives it an elegant look. Its appearance can imitate stone or wood and the appearance is as realistic as it can get.
4. Wear layer: This is the protective layer that ensures a long life of the entire floor. It is the section of the luxury tile that takes the impact of foot traffic. It protects your floor from dents and scratches and ensures your home looks spick and span.
Advantages of WPC Floors
The major advantage of WPC floors is that you get all the benefits of hardwood plank floors at a fraction of the price. Other reasons to go for this floor include:
1. Durability: The waterproof core adds more life to your flooring. The main reason floor systems fall apart is due to water damage but with WPC tiles, this is no longer a concern.
2. Multiple applications: These luxury tiles can be used anywhere. They are suitable for small businesses and homes. They can be used in your kitchen, laundry, bathroom, and any other living space.
3. Aesthetics: Your house will look elegant when you install these high-quality waterproof luxury tiles. They have a classic stone or wood look. It is easy to blend your floors with the rest of the interior decor.
4. Low maintenance: You don’t have to worry about special care for your floors. Compared to hardwood floors, WPC floors requires zero maintenance. This saves you a lot of money.
5. Affordability: The best thing about these floors is the fact that you won’t have to break the bank to make your home look great. They are affordable compared to hardwood floors.
6. Safe indoor air quality: The best WPC floors are phthalate-free which makes your living space healthier.
7. Improving imperfect floors: If your sub floors are damaged, you now have a chance to perfect them using these high-quality vinyl tiles.
WPC flooring will bring your house to life by adding a dash of style and elegance. This is one of the most reliable flooring options you can choose and it seamlessly combines durability and beauty. Go ahead and spruce up your home with these trending floors today.
A carpet is the most versatile floor you can choose for your home or office. It comes with immense benefits including enhancing the interior décor, adding warmth to your living space, protecting your floors, and absorbing sound among other benefits. However, most homeowners complain about the performance of their carpets even after paying top dollar to get the best products. From slipping carpets to fast wear, there are many problems that can be solved using a high-quality carpet pad. If you are planning to install a new carpet in your house, it is important to consider adding padding to the floor. Carpet padding enhances the performance of your carpets by complementing some of its functions while also protecting it against damage by the rough underlying concrete floor. Whatever the type of carpeting you need for your house, the cushioning you install beneath it helps achieve its optimal performance levels. A carpet cushion is not only a functional installation in your home but an aesthetically one too.
Why install Carpets?
As a homeowner, you appreciate the importance of a high-performance floor. The type of flooring you choose goes a long way in determining the appearance and safety of your living space. A good flooring system is not only safe for everyday use but also blends perfectly with the rest of your home’s decor.
Installing carpets for your floors has a myriad of benefits including:
Adding protection to the underlying floor
Adding warmth to the living space
Enhancing aesthetic appeal
Boosting insulation by absorbing sounds
Enhancing safety by avoiding slip and falls
Lowering cost of floor maintenance
Improving indoor air quality by trapping allergens and other contaminants
Improved indoor quality using sustainable flooring materials
These are just some of the reasons to install a carpet in your home. If you are looking for a safe, economical and long-lasting flooring material, a carpet is, without doubt, the best option. The best products in the market are a perfect blend of functionality and aesthetics thus turning your floor into the focal point of your home’s interior decor.
Benefits of Carpet Padding
For your carpet flooring to function optimally, you need to add a carpet pad during installation. This is one of the most overlooked home improvement techniques yet it delivers a range of benefits which every home needs. Many homeowners believe increasing the pile weight of their carpets will eliminate the need for padding but this actually compromises the performance of the flooring material.
A carpet cushion is an important addition to your flooring and it serves different purposes. These include:
1. Increasing longevity of your carpets: This material absorbs the impact of human traffic thus protecting the binding and backing of your carpet. It also helps keep more dust, dirt and debris out of your carpets thus increasing their life.
2. Increased insulation: It is easier to maintain the perfect room temperature in your living space through the added layer of insulation provided by the cushion material beneath the carpet.
3. Enhanced safety: Carpets can cause slip and falls if they are not held down with any piece of furniture. This is a problem that is effectively solved by adding padding during carpet installation.
4. More comfort: The extra cushioning provided by carpet padding makes your floors softer under your feet. Your kids will enjoy playing on the floor and you will enjoy peace of mind knowing they are safe.
5. Added floor protection: One advantage of a carpet floor is adding protection to your floor. Adding padding to your carpets also offers more protection to the underlying floor. The material used for the padding is stain resistant and will protect the floor against staining or damage caused by moisture.
6. Improved acoustics: Your carpeting will perform better in terms of acoustics through more absorption of noises. Laying a carpet directly on a concrete floor has a lower Noise Reduction Coefficient. This is why you need an extra padding layer to make your floors quiet and comfortable.
Looking at these benefits, it is obvious that your flooring has much to gain through the installation of carpet padding.
Choosing the Right Carpet Padding
Rubber carpet cushion pad: Best for commercial carpets designed for heavy traffic areas.
Foam carpet cushion pad: Made from foam pieces and offers added comfort.
Fiber carpet cushion pad: Eco-friendly padding made from recycled materials.
Specialty pads: Designed to solve a specific problem and include moisture barrier padding, memory foam padding, odor eating padding and air filtering padding among others.
A carpet pad might not be visible yet it is an important part of your floor. It protects your expensive carpets and the underlying floor, enhances safety in your home, adds a luxurious feel to the carpeting and helps regulate temperatures in the room. It is one of the most important home improvement techniques.
If you are looking for a good flooring system, you must have come across many products on the market. As demand for better flooring products increases manufacturers are coming up with all kinds of solutions to make buyers happy. There is no denying the importance of a good floor not only for aesthetics but also for enhanced safety. This is the reason you need to buy only a high-performance flooring product. WPC flooring has emerged as the trending floor system today with experts now calling it the future of flooring. The Wood Plastic Core (WPC) vinyl floor offers a perfect combination of beauty, performance, durability, and enhanced stability. If you have been looking for a material that can revolutionize your living space, WPC will do this and more. This guide will explain this trendy luxury flooring system to help you make an informed choice.
Every homeowner wants the most beautiful floor. In addition, they want their floors to be durable, safe and comfortable to walk on. However, most of the products in the market can’t fulfill all these requirements and this is frustrating to a homeowner. Whichever flooring system you currently have in your home, it is highly likely that there is a flaw you would like to remedy.
Why Beautiful Floors Matter
Why do floors matter so much anyway? Of course, this is one of the most prominent features in your home. When a visitor walks in, their eyes might notice the beautiful walls and impressive mantelpiece but eventually, it is that torn rug that will leave an impression. They will go away thinking you are an untidy or careless person. If you have a poorly maintained floor in the office, your clients will have a bad impression about your services leading to loss of business.
The Wood Plastic Core (WPC) Floor Advantage
Well, you can now create a good first impression by installing WPC flooring in your home or office. A Wood Plastic Core (WPC) floor is basically a luxury vinyl tile that has an added benefit through its special waterproof core. These floors are 100% waterproof and they are a godsend to every home and office owner. They deliver the perfect balance between comfort, luxury, and functionality on your floors.
The best thing about these tiles is their versatility in design and function. You will get the impressive look of traditional hardwood without having to worry about special care for your floors. With WPC floors, you have a chance to make your living or office space truly unique while still eliminating the cost of maintenance.
The WPC Structure
How does the WPC work? What makes it unique from an ordinary luxury vinyl tile? These questions are best answered by looking at the layers included in this floor tile:
1. Upper wear layer: This is the top layer that bears the impact of foot traffic, makes the floor easy to clean, provides superior stain resistance, and gives the floor a longer life.
2. Luxury vinyl top layer: It is a printed, durable and resistant layer which resists chips and dents. It gives the floor the gorgeous appearance that sets it apart from other floor systems in the market.
3. Core structure: This is a 100% waterproof layer which is stable and will not expand or contract in any situation. It is a high-density core material that adds to the comfortable feel of your floor.
4. Underlayment: This is an attached layer on the best quality WPC floors which improves insulation levels and naturally resists mold and mildew.
Why invest in a WPC floor?
There are many advantages of installing WPC tiles in your home or office including:
1. More resilience compared to normal vinyl tiles
2. 100% waterproof for the underlying floor protection
3. Ideal for imperfect sub floors as it is thick and durable.
4. Aesthetic appeal with realistic wood and stone looks.
5. Zero maintenance with only occasional vacuuming required.
6. Safer indoors as WPC has no phthalates
7. Versatile usage: These floors can be used in the kitchen, bathroom, basement, commercial space, and anywhere else.
When shopping for a WPC floor, you might get confused by LVT (luxury vinyl tiles) which are pushed in the market as waterproof floors. It is important to remember that most WPC products are considered luxury but then not all LVT floors qualify to be called WPC. If there is no waterproof core in a luxury vinyl tile, then it doesn’t qualify to be called WPC.
WPC flooring is durable, kid and pet-friendly, protective, easy to install (interlocking floating floors), affordable, and can be used anywhere in your house or office. This is, without doubt, the ultimate flooring material.
Over the years, vinyl flooring has emerged as the most popular option for all rooms. It offers a good compromise between quality and cost. The best vinyl floors on the market bring a realistic look of natural hardwood or stone in your home without incurring the high cost. If you are planning to install this type of floor, there are many reasons to go for sheet vinyl flooring as opposed to vinyl tiles. This is a cheaper alternative to wood floors while still giving you similar benefits. It is hard for visitors to tell the difference between natural wood and your sheet vinyl floor. If you have been looking for an affordable way to give your home a makeover, it is time to consider this innovative floor.
As a homeowner, you have to appreciate the importance of choosing the right type of floor for your house. A good floor material not only enhances the aesthetic appeal of your living space but also protects the underlying concrete. Such materials should also be safe to use in a closed environment meaning they pose no danger of emissions. When choosing a floor type you have to consider how easy it is to maintain. A good flooring system should be easy to care for.
Benefits of Vinyl Sheet Floors
Looking at these features of the best flooring, it goes without saying that vinyl flooring fits the bill. These floors are cheap and yet they bring in a dash of elegance which every home needs. There are many types of vinyl systems but if you want to enjoy all the benefits that come with this floor, you should consider sheet vinyl flooring. This is the best alternative to natural stone, hardwood, or ceramic tile.
A vinyl sheet is wider than a tile and comes with a 12-foot-wide roll which can then be cut to size depending on your floor size. Vinyl sheets are more applicable for your floors due to the following reasons:
1. Affordability: Sheet vinyl is cheaper than planks or tiles because they are produced in large rolls. Your floor installation company will just need to measure the space being covered and cut a roll that perfectly fits.
2. Easy installation: Unlike vinyl tiles, you will find sheet vinyl easier to install. Whether you decide to use a professional or install the floor on your own, you will still find this process easy to complete.
3. Water resistance: The fact that very few sheets will be used on the floor reduces the chances of moisture seeping through seams. Tiled floors are prone to water seepage which eventually leads to flood damage.
4. Easier styling: It is easier to get a uniform look within the entire room when you are using vinyl sheets as opposed to tiles. More importantly, you will find vinyl sheets in the market with exciting prints as manufacturers find it easier to imprint images on these compared to tiles.
5. Excellent comfort: Vinyl floors feel soft underneath and when you install tiles, there is a little interruption of the floor through seams. This makes your floor even more comfortable.
6. Stain resistance: Sheet vinyl comes covered with a protective barrier that keeps moisture away.
7. Ease of maintenance: Cleaning your floor is easy and you will never have to worry about water seeping to the underlying floor area.
Of course, there are many other advantages of choosing sheet vinyl over other options in the market. The bottom-line is that it is an easy to install floor system which saves you lots of time and money. If you wish to carry out a DIY project, you can easily complete the project without any specialized skills. For smaller rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens, proper installation of sheet vinyl will leave the floors without any seams. This adds to the aesthetic appeal of your house.
Shopping For Sheet Vinyl
There are many brands selling sheet vinyl and you need to be very careful when shopping. Start by assessing your needs to determine what you need. Measure the size of the floor to be covered to ensure you buy enough rolls. It is also important to ask for referrals and read testimonials to determine which brands are offering quality floor products.
If you have never bought a floor system, talk to a professional installation expert. These experts will help you identify the best sheet vinyl flooring brand in the market and also the size of materials you need. Once your floor is fully installed, you will love the immediate impact it will have on the rest of the decor.
What do you look for in a floor? Is it comfort? Elegance? Water resistance? Durability? What would you regard as the best combination for a good floor? WPC flooring is the perfect definition of a versatile floor that can be used on almost any room. This floor can be used on residential, industrial, public and even commercial places. It is considered a flooring option that delivers excellent value for your money.
By definition, WPC flooring stands for Wood Plastic Composite. It is a special material that has been nicknamed WaterProofCore. In fact, this name arises from the fact that this material can resist water and other liquids, as well as resist staining the surface of the floor.
The WPC flooring material is made of several layers that make it a handy choice for any floor. It comes with a wear layer on top that protects the surface from excessive wear, which makes it cleanable and stain resistant. This top layer makes WPC ideal for commercial use.
There is a luxury vinyl layer that enhances the durability of the floor. This is the layer that resists chipping and also protects the floor from dents. It is made of the best quality vinyl in the market. Below the luxury vinyl is the COREtec structure. It enhances the waterproof qualities. It also enhances stability ensuring that the floor does not easily expand or contract. WPC flooring is therefore ideal whenever you want a floor that does not easily get damaged by continued use. It turns your floor into a high density area that can withstand heavy use.
WPC flooring also comes with an underlayment that eliminates the need for padding. This is the layer that reduces the time it takes for your floor to heat or cool.
Why Choose WPC Flooring Over The Other Types Of Floors?
People choose flooring materials for various reasons. The reasons may include personal preferences, but the state of the flooring material is important when making the decision. What are the advantages of choosing WPC flooring over the other varieties?
- Water proof– as stated earlier, WPC is the real definition of water proof. This is unlike the other varieties of laminate or wood that fail to contain water when it spills on the surface. If you want to install a flooring type at an area that is prone to spillage, this will be your option. Water remains on the surface for hours without damaging the floor or going below the surface.
- Easy to maintain– a floor should not be a source of headache whenever you think of cleaning and maintenance. With the surface being water proof, your floor will be easier to keep clean because it does not get easily contaminated. Further, in case of a spill, it is easy to clean using ordinary substances. This will eventually reduce the cost of maintenance.
- Luxurious– the quality of WPC flooring is appealing without having to spend a fortune. This elegant floor gives your room a luxurious and relaxing feel. The appearance is enticing which allows you to create elegant living areas at a fraction of the budget.
- Affordable- the world is such that the best quality items are always expensive. WPC flooring presents a different picture. The flooring material ranks top among the best in the industry. However, its price is way below those of others in the same category. The good news is that this does not come at a compromise of the quality. This means that you get the best quality floor at a minimal budget.
- Easy to install- the quality of service you receive from a floor is determined partly by its installation. Quality installation requires an expert who understands WPC flooring installation. However, with this kind of floor, you are provided with instructions that make it easy for you to install. The DIY manual reduces your cost of installation without lowering the quality of your floor.
WPC flooring is a remarkable option when thinking about your floor. It offers excellent value for money, durability, and highly luxurious. It will transform your living area as well as make the place easy to maintain. With an instruction manual accompanying the flooring materials, you can DIY and still achieve a durable top-quality floor. If you are looking for long term value for money, this is the type of floor to consider.