If you are looking for a good flooring system, you must have come across many products on the market. As demand for better flooring products increases manufacturers are coming up with all kinds of solutions to make buyers happy. There is no denying the importance of a good floor not only for aesthetics but also for enhanced safety. This is the reason you need to buy only a high-performance flooring product. WPC flooring has emerged as the trending floor system today with experts now calling it the future of flooring. The Wood Plastic Core (WPC) vinyl floor offers a perfect combination of beauty, performance, durability, and enhanced stability. If you have been looking for a material that can revolutionize your living space, WPC will do this and more. This guide will explain this trendy luxury flooring system to help you make an informed choice.
Every homeowner wants the most beautiful floor. In addition, they want their floors to be durable, safe and comfortable to walk on. However, most of the products in the market can’t fulfill all these requirements and this is frustrating to a homeowner. Whichever flooring system you currently have in your home, it is highly likely that there is a flaw you would like to remedy.
Why Beautiful Floors Matter
Why do floors matter so much anyway? Of course, this is one of the most prominent features in your home. When a visitor walks in, their eyes might notice the beautiful walls and impressive mantelpiece but eventually, it is that torn rug that will leave an impression. They will go away thinking you are an untidy or careless person. If you have a poorly maintained floor in the office, your clients will have a bad impression about your services leading to loss of business.
The Wood Plastic Core (WPC) Floor Advantage
Well, you can now create a good first impression by installing WPC flooring in your home or office. A Wood Plastic Core (WPC) floor is basically a luxury vinyl tile that has an added benefit through its special waterproof core. These floors are 100% waterproof and they are a godsend to every home and office owner. They deliver the perfect balance between comfort, luxury, and functionality on your floors.
The best thing about these tiles is their versatility in design and function. You will get the impressive look of traditional hardwood without having to worry about special care for your floors. With WPC floors, you have a chance to make your living or office space truly unique while still eliminating the cost of maintenance.
The WPC Structure
How does the WPC work? What makes it unique from an ordinary luxury vinyl tile? These questions are best answered by looking at the layers included in this floor tile:
1. Upper wear layer: This is the top layer that bears the impact of foot traffic, makes the floor easy to clean, provides superior stain resistance, and gives the floor a longer life.
2. Luxury vinyl top layer: It is a printed, durable and resistant layer which resists chips and dents. It gives the floor the gorgeous appearance that sets it apart from other floor systems in the market.
3. Core structure: This is a 100% waterproof layer which is stable and will not expand or contract in any situation. It is a high-density core material that adds to the comfortable feel of your floor.
4. Underlayment: This is an attached layer on the best quality WPC floors which improves insulation levels and naturally resists mold and mildew.
Why invest in a WPC floor?
There are many advantages of installing WPC tiles in your home or office including:
1. More resilience compared to normal vinyl tiles
2. 100% waterproof for the underlying floor protection
3. Ideal for imperfect sub floors as it is thick and durable.
4. Aesthetic appeal with realistic wood and stone looks.
5. Zero maintenance with only occasional vacuuming required.
6. Safer indoors as WPC has no phthalates
7. Versatile usage: These floors can be used in the kitchen, bathroom, basement, commercial space, and anywhere else.
When shopping for a WPC floor, you might get confused by LVT (luxury vinyl tiles) which are pushed in the market as waterproof floors. It is important to remember that most WPC products are considered luxury but then not all LVT floors qualify to be called WPC. If there is no waterproof core in a luxury vinyl tile, then it doesn’t qualify to be called WPC.
WPC flooring is durable, kid and pet-friendly, protective, easy to install (interlocking floating floors), affordable, and can be used anywhere in your house or office. This is, without doubt, the ultimate flooring material.